Anti-Haul

07:25

Welcome to my first anti-haul! What is an anti-haul? It's basically a list of products you're not going to buy. It might seem a bit pointless, but writing down why you don't need to buy something is useful in improving self control and that impulsivity we all feel when looking at pretty new makeup. i.e. good for the bank account!

I was inspired when favourite Youtuber of mine, Jackie Aina uploaded one this week. Although I do believe the concept was created by Kimberly Clark. Coming onto Spring and Summer in the U.S. there's a lot of beautiful new releases! These are all products I do want, but I totally don't need so this is my justification. 

The first product I won't be buying is the Kylie Cosmetics x KKW Creme Liquid Lipstick Kit. As much as I love Kim, (and Kylie) I just feel like I don't need this. I have a tonne of pale lipsticks or glosses that are similiar to this. I would probably be more inclined to buy this if the formula was long wearing, as I actually don't have many liquid lips in these shades, but it's not. It retails for $45 USD, with $14.95 for shipping to Aus. That's $80 ish AUD, so $20 per lipstick. If her previous 'limited edition' collections are anything to go by, these shades will likely be re-released as a permanent collection. A contributing factor was also the fact that I would need to wake up at 5am Perth time in order to purchase it, and I'm a pretty big fan of a good night's sleep. So, although the packaging is blush goals, and the shades look perfect, I'm going to pass on this kit.
If you've been with me for a while, you know the packaging of this celebrity collaboration makes it all that much harder to resist. I'm talking about the yet to be launched Becca x Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette. This will be launching for $46 USD, so about $62 AUD plus shipping. To be honest, my desire for this palette kind of starts and ends with the packaging. I would display this happily on my vanity because the pink quartz and rose gold packaging is goals. This palette is simply not designed for my skin tone, rather medium to deeper skin tones. I know if I bought this, I would probably not use it a whole lot. The only use I would get from these highlighters would be as blush toppers. From past experience I also find the Becca formula is poorer quality in palette form than individuals, probably something to do with the stabilisation of the product. 
Continuing on the trend of celebrity collaborations, is the second Carli Bybel x BH Cosmetics palette. This is the same as her original but it includes 10 new shades. While the marble pattern on this packaging is goals AF, I just have so many highlighters and eye shadows in my collection at the moment, so I don't feel the need for anymore. If that is not the case for you, I would actually recommend this, because I've heard great things about the formula and it's very affordable. It's available for $19.50 on the BH Cosmetics Website

I love a good highlight, but having just purchased the Nicole Guerriero Anastasia Beverley Hills Glow Kit, I really don't need anymore at the moment. That's why I'm resisting the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Prismatic Amethyst. While this pale lavender would be beautiful on my light skin, I already have the Pink Quartz version of this which is a pale pink. For $64 AUD, I'm going to pass on this one. 
The Tom Ford Soleil summer collection just lauched at David Jones this month. After obsessing over it for months while it was available in this U.S. I was stoked when it finally arrived in Aus. I didn't realise quite how expensive it would be though. The Ultimate Bronzer is $150 AUD. One hundred and fifty dollars, for a bronzer. I don't think any of us can deny this collection looks beautiful, and the reviews have been great. But I can't justify the price of any of these products. 

So because I haven't / won't be purchasing any of these, I have all up saved about at least $376! I'm so guilty for caving in to the limited edition or the packaging, so writing this helped me control my spending. I hope this inspires you to think twice about your makeup purchases too!

Thanks for reading,
Em x



You Might Also Like

0 comments